The Province of Brazil presents a series of questions and answers regarding the Feast of Madeleine Sophie
How do you celebrate the Feast of Madeleine Sophie?
- With a beautiful Eucharistic celebration.
What does the Feast of Madeleine Sophie mean?
- Gratitude - celebration - homage - renewal – a special moment to live our Cor Unum, our union with all the provinces, BEING ONE BODY!
- A moment of growth in our union with God, with the whole Society of the Sacred Heart.
What would be Madeleine Sophie’s invitation to us today?
- She would tell us again: "Times change, we must change with them. We must change our points of view.”
- She would recommend being attentive to the reality of the world, to its evolution, and to "be present" in everything that happens.
- She would take full advantage of communication technology by writing letters, articles, and commentaries....
- She would give her blessing to the reconfiguration process of the Society of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
- She would insist on living paragraph 116 of the Constitutions on the aging of the RSCJ sisters.
- She would insist on creating projects for new vocations.
What are the words of Sophie that resonate most strongly for us in these times we live in?
- Let us not separate the mission from our interior life!
- Let us not lose hope in this epochal change we are living through, both in the world and in the Society of the Sacred Heart; we are called to be artisans of hope.
- We will develop and care for our common home, trying to make it a reality in our daily lives.
- Above all, smile, be happy, go forward!