Ana María Uribe RSCJ (COL) has prepared these reflections for the Feast of Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne on November 18, and has published them in Colombia’s weekly newsletter, Vistazo. The images are courtesy of Pixabay and iStock.
In Ana María’s words:
Philippine continues to speak to us, with words full of wisdom. Today for her feast day, we want to listen to her and spend some time with her, with these images containing her words, words she shared with her friends and that still impress us today. We pray with her faith, and in particular, we hope that we may be able to make just some of the values that she courageously lived our own:
- "In the midst of hardship, be filled with joy."
- "Our roots are centered in the Heart of Christ."
- "God does not ask for great works but for a heart that asks nothing for itself."
- "I had a desire to lean on someone. I must lean on God and on Him alone."
- “You are the grain of wheat cast into the ground, so that it may grow and bear much fruit".
- “May your only desire be to respond to God's call and to entrust yourself to His providence."
You can download a PDF of the reflections below.